- Oil-as per need
- Ghee -as per need
- Whole spices(few fennel seeds, cinnamon -small stick, cloves 2-3, cardamom-2, bay leaf-1)
- Green Chillies-4(slit open adjust as per your spice level)
- Onion-3 (medium sized, cut length wise)
- Tomato-2(medium size- finely chopped)
- Mint leaves- 4 stalks
- Coriander leaves-4 stalks
- Ginger Garlic Paste-2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Mushroom- about 30 (cut it in to 4 halves lengthwise)
- Basmathi rice-2 cups
- Water-2 1/2 cups
- Curd -half cup
- Salt to taste
- Chilly powder and coriander powder(together)- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Take a pressure pan, add oil followed by ghee, once the oil is hot enough, add the whole spices followed by green chillies,mint leaves, coriander leaves,add onion and saute them well till it turns translucent, now add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes till u get a nice aroma, add tomatoes followed by turmeric powder, garam masala powder, chilly, coriander powder and salt.Allow the tomato to cook well, now add mushroom and mix well and cook in medium flame ,do not over cook the mushroom.
To this add water and curd, check for salt, make adjustments if any in terms of salt or spice, once the water boils add Basmathi rice and close the cooker.
Pressure cook for one whistle, put the flame to minimum and leave it on the stove for 5 minutes and switch off.Once the cooker calms down, open the cooker and mix carefully.
Serve it hot with onion raitha.